Learn to Fly - Find an instructor for flight training Join EAA and learn to fly
Learn to fly - find an instructor for flight training

Join EAA!

Learn to Fly
The Rules
Ask the Expert
News and Media
EAA Sport Pilot Magazine
EAA Sport Pilot Sourcebook
Shop Sport Pilot

EAA Sport Pilot Hotline - 877/FLY-1232

EAA Sport Pilot Events
Question :
What is the difference between "Sport Pilot" and "Recreational Pilot"?
Answer :
There are many detail differences between sport pilot and recreational pilot, but the biggest difference is that a recreational pilot is required to have at least a 3rd class FAA medical certificate. Recreational pilots cannot operate using their drivers license in lieu of an FAA medical certificate.

If you wish to discuss all the differences between the two certificates, you are invited to call EAA Aviation Services at 888-322-4636.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

EAA Aviation Center, 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, WI 54902
Phone: 920/426.4800

All content, logos, pictures, and videos are the property of EAA Copyright © 2014 - Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.
If you have any comments or questions contact webmaster@eaa.org | Disclaimer/Privacy Statement